The last thing you want to be thinking about in the middle of a long backcountry ride is your helmet. It should be well-ventilated. It should protect your head. And it should fit so well that you don't know it's there. The Sixer takes to the trail with Bell's integrated MIPS technology, resulting in a sleeker, closer-to-the-head fit that combines the Float Fit system and Sweat Guide to ensure unprecedented comfort in a helmet. Goggle compatibility, complete with a strap gripper at the rear of the helmet, an adjustable visor height, integrated camera/light mount and a full hard shell round out the package. Bell sweated every detail on the Sixer so that out on the trail, the only sweating you'll have to worry about is your own.
- MIPS (Multi-directional Impact Protection System) - a leading slip-plane technology designed to reduce rotational forces that can result from certain impacts.
- Construction: Fusion in-mold polycarbonate shell - a process pioneered by Bell bonds the helmet's outer shell to the EPS foam liner to create a sturdier helmet.
- Progressive layering: the process of engineering a helmet liner with variable EPS foam densities to better manage the transfer of energies after some impacts
- Exposed polycarbonate roll cage
- 4-position adjustable visor: the no-slip design allows on-the-fly adjustments so the rider can position visor at desired angle with a simple tug up or down
- Number of vents: 26 helmet vents, 4 brow ports
- Interior/liner type: Sweat guide pad design pulls moisture away from the brow pad and away from eyewear; X-static padding - quick-drying materials, woven with real silver fibers, inhibit growth of odor-causing bacteria and fungi
- Ventilation Type: Dual flow ventilation features air ports along the brow to provide ventilation and help defog goggles
- Fit system: Float Fit Race - a state-of-the-art lightweight fit system featuring seamless integration with MIPS, an easy-to-turn dial, wide-range vertical adjustment and padded width-adjustable cradles
- Weight 410 grams (size M)
- Small = 52 – 56cm
- Medium = 55 – 59cm
- Large = 58 – 62cm
- X-Large = 61 – 65cm
Complies with the US CPSC Safety Standard for Bicycle Helmet for Persons Age 5 and Older